How prepared are you to travel again as the ministry of Tourism prepares to re-open the industry by embracing Local tourism?
Here are the most recent Turn-Around boost..
- Further to the relief on landing fees.The government has lifted landing fees charged to airlines as part of incentives to support the industry’s turnaround as it emerges from depths of COVID-19 shocks.Refurbishment funds from tourism facilities and other establishments.
The waiver on the fees has been disclosed in a Tourism Ministry report titled- Magical Kenya Tourism and Travel Health and Safety Protocols for the ‘New Normal’.
Further to the relief on landing fees, the government says it will provide financial relief to the sector by way of tax exemptions and refurbishment funds from tourism facilities and other establishments.
- The cushion is flanked by health and safety protocols developed by the National Tourism and and Hospitality Taskforce established through a May 29 gazette notice which included airline representatives and hoteliers.
“Kenya’s tourism sector has developed tourism and hospitality protocols on health and safety to mitigate the effects of the disruptions caused by the corona virus disease in business and people’s livelihoods. Actors in the tourism sector have therefore, through adoption of these protocols, taken responsibility of ensuring that destination Kenya is safe for tourism business,” noted TourismCabinet Secretary _Najib Balala
- Further, operations in the sector will be restructured to conform to the new normal and will involve collaboration between the public and private sector.
**Social distancing measures are expected to be observed at all times including the slashing of carrying capacities on both flights and inside tourism service vehicles (TSVs).
**Airline passengers are expected to make advanced booking ahead of travel and must declare their medical status.
**Moreover, all industry front-liner staff are expected to hold COVID-19 free certification for a period not lapsing 14 days.
Measures we’ve taken as a Tour Operator
- Face masks required for travelers in Public areas
- Face masks required for all of our guides
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation video fully sanitized
- Temperature check for travelers upon arrival
- Contact less payment for gratitude’s anad add-ons
Other measures will see facilities appoint a health officer to observe the implementation of mitigation strategies which also include constant disinfection of work areas and staff training.
Despite the hard time, we still need to embrace travel and hospitality held by the beauty of Africa.
Check out our Top destinations and Packages ??